Who are we?

My photo
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I am a passionate photographer based in Calgary Alberta. I love to travel and capture the world around me, but I love to capture photos closer to home just as much. People are often my subject of choice, but I photograph anything that stirs emotion

July 22, 2011

Stephanie and Ralph Engagement

I love whenever I am able to incorporate elements of a couples personality into a photo session! Stephanie and Ralph and Ralph are horse people through and through. Ralph grew up in the southern Alberta lifestyle while Stephanie, an recent transplant from out east, has been deeply converted (you would swear that she was born and raised from here laid back, happy personality!). Including their horses created a richer environment and gave me a fuller canvas to use to create their portraits. Their horses had as much personality as they did and seemed every bit a part of their family. Just to make things even sweeter, we were in my favourite place on earth, the Elbow Valley area of Kananaskis! Wherever I travel around the world, nothing speaks the quiet peace to my soul quite like this beautiful valley. I have spent countless days here exploring both the environment around me as well as the beauty within me. It is like photographing someone in my backyard here! I have to say that my favourite part of this session was watching how perfectly Stephanie and Ralph suit each other though. It was like spending an hour or two in a beautiful romantic comedy! What I really appreciated was the quiet adoration that have for each other. They were always so thoughtful and considerate of one another! Thank you Stephanie and Ralph, you are a shining example of true love!!







No comments: